It is seemed that very few people know about non-woven fabrics, although products made from this fabric have been used widely and regularly. Non-woven products are diverse and abundant. Products such as gift bags, medical masks, shoe bags, desiccant bags, gift wrapping bags, flower packages are the appearance of non-woven fabrics all around us without our knowledge. In recent years, the demand for non-woven fabrics has been growing.
So what is non-woven fabric? How are non-woven fabrics produced? What are the characteristics of the non-woven fabric and how is it applied?
1. What is non-woven fabric?
Literally, non-woven fabric is merely fabric that is not woven with weft and warp threads like normal fabric. It is a fabric made up of Polypropylene (PP) resins which are heated at a high temperature and through a closed production process with the following basic operations:
– PP resins are put into the tank and heated at high temperatures, then extruded through a mesh system with tiny holes to form fibers. This fiber form is then heat-rolled on a mold to a flat fabric.
– After the fabric is rolled flat, this fabric is run through a mold with small squares to create non-woven fabrics. Finally, the non-woven fabrics are rolled up to produce finished fabric rolls.
Non-woven fabric is measured via GSM, or in other words, grams per square meter of fabric. GSM covers the weight and density of the PP material. The higher the GSM is, the higher the density, strength and durability of the fabric are.
2. Characteristics of non-woven fabric
Non-woven products are made from virgin PP material that does not go through the process of weaving like ordinary fabrics. As a result, they will have some outstanding features:
– Light weight, thin, porous
– Good durability and bearing capacity
– Has uniform color and is easily recognized by eyes.
– Good absorbency, convenient for printing on the surface
– Easy to decompose, does not cause environmental pollution
– Good insulation and works as a barrier for bacteria.
3. Non-woven fabric application
Depending on the composition, the quality standard of the non-woven fabric will vary in different fields. In general, non-woven fabrics are used in the following industry groups:
– Health: sewing masks, protective clothing, packaging, medical bags, bandages, medical tape, dialysis fabrics, etc.
– Garment: environment protection bags in supermarkets, fashion stores, food; hat pads, shoe insoles; tablecloths, gift wrap, etc.
– Manufacturing industry: used as food filter bags, fruit wrap; fabric insulation, heat insulation; used in construction works to make concrete lining, etc.
Using non-woven bags both affirms your brand through logo and brings environmental protection messages to everyone around.
Whatsapp: +84 357 269 989 (Ms.Sophia)/ +84 913 349 568 (Ms.Minh)